Tuesday, November 18, 2008

new project

Well, it's taking longer than I expected for the parts for my most recent project to come in. I'm waiting for some wireless pigtails (U.FL to RP-SMA) so that my EEE PC has an external antenna (an easy hack, but one I haven't seen any documentation online for).

In the meantime, here's an old video I made a while ago playing with non-Newtonian fluids. This is really easy to make (just saturate water with corn starch) and very fun! Non-Newtonian fluids are fluids whose viscosity is dependant on the applied strain. So, the strain from the speaker constantly hitting the fluid causes it to become much more viscous to the point of appearing solid. This causes all sorts of fun! In this video I played a 100hz sin wave through the speaker. I did this later as a demonstration at the Dragon Academy and I have to say it was a great success, I recommend it for any teachers or demonstrators. Hope everyone enjoys!


No comments:

Post a Comment